LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY
FOR SALIENCYTOOLBOX COMPUTER CODE
The California Institute of Technology (CIT) will provide you, a not-for-profit institution (LICENSEE), with the generic SaliencyToolbox computer code. The SaliencyToolbox computer code is available to LICENSEE on the following terms:
1. The SaliencyToolbox computer source code and executable (SaliencyToolbox for short) is defined as a collection of Matlab functions and scripts and C++ code both as source code and compiled executable sub-routines (MEX functions) for computing the saliency map for a visual (such as a single image or a video stream), for determining the extent of a proto-object, and for serially scanning the visual with the focus of attention. Source code is defined as code written in human-readable format or in a high-level program language.
2. CIT agrees to grant LICENSEE a nonexclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free license, under the copyright rights and any applicable patent rights, to use SaliencyToolbox for internal research purposes only. This license specifically excludes the right to sublicense SaliencyToolbox in any form, and it also excludes the right to use SaliencyToolbox for any commercial or for-profit purpose. LICENSEE hereby certifies that it is a not-for-profit entity.
3. LICENSEE may incorporate SaliencyToolbox with other source code developed by LICENSEE (Incorporated Work) for the sole purpose of using SaliencyToolbox for research internal to LICENSEE and not for any other redistribution without the prior express written permission of CIT. LICENSEE may not distribute any Incorporated Work outside of LICENSEE without the prior express written permission of CIT, and specifically LICENSEE may not provide SaliencyToolbox or any Incorporated Work under an open source license such as the Gnu Public License (www.gpl.org). If the creation of an Incorporated Work would require LICENSEE to distribute SaliencyToolbox under an open source license, then LICENSEE agrees not to make such incorporation.
4. SaliencyToolbox is experimental in nature and is being licensed as is. The license of the SaliencyToolbox does not include any technical support or documentation.
5. CIT represents and warrants that it has the right to license SaliencyToolbox to LICENSEE.
6. LICENSEE agrees that any person within LICENSEE utilizing SaliencyToolbox will be advised of, and is subject to, the conditions in this Agreement.
7. NO WARRANTY: SaliencyToolbox is provided as-is without warranty of any kind including any warranties of performance or merchantability or fitness for a particular use or purpose (as set forth in UCC 23212-2313) or for any purpose whatsoever, however used.
In no event shall CIT be liable for any damages or costs, including but not limited to incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including economic damage or injury to property and lost profits, regardless of whether CIT shall be advised, have reason to know, or in fact shall know of the possibility.
LICENSEE bears all risk relating to quality and performance of SaliencyToolbox or any derivative works thereof.
8. All right, title, and interest in and to all data, information, and inventions that result from use of SaliencyToolbox by the LICENSEE shall vest in and belong to the LICENSEE.
9. Rights to sublicense the SaliencyToolbox for any commercial or for-profit purpose must be negotiated under a separate agreement with the California Institute of Technology.
10. This Agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, and any action brought hereunder shall be within the state of California.
11. By clicking the "I agree" button below, you agree to abide by all the terms and conditions of this agreement.